EC Meter Milwaukee EC60Code: EC60
Product detailed description
- Measures conductivity and TDS with automatic temperature compensation
- The ideal range for hydroponic and other growers (0.00 to 20.00 mS/cm)
- Units in mS/cm or ppt easily convertible to ppm
- Factory calibrated with the ability to recalibrate if needed
- Replaceable electrode
- Fully waterproof to IP67
- Approximately 100 hours of use (4 x 1.5V batteries included)
CARE AND USE
EC electrodes can develop nutrient build up over time. To miminize build up, always rinse the probe in fresh tap water after every use.
CONVERTING EC TO TDS
The Milwaukee PRO Conductivity Tester, like all conductivity meters, provides a measure of electrically charged ions in a solution and is an absolute measure of conductivity.
In Hydroponics, EC is often converted to TDS in parts per million (ppm). Different scales include the 500 scale, 650 scale and the 700 scale. However, true PPM can only be determined through chemical analysis.
Your mS/cm reading can be approximately converted to TDS (ppm) as shown in the examples below.
2.00 mS/cm = 2000 uS/cm = 1000 ppm on .50 factor scale
2.00 mS/cm = 2000 uS/cm = 1400 ppm on the 442 scale or .70 factor scale