SonoTrap Acoustic Ducting 203mm - 1mCode: 95662
Product detailed description
SonoTrap Acoustic Ducting is super silent, and super effective – helping to reduce any noise produced by your extraction system.
It’s time to ditch your old ducting, and get some SonoTrap to help keep your grow room whisper quiet.
- Massively reduces the noise that is caused by air flow and fan noise
- Ultra efficient and flexible material
- Incredible high quality
- Non-allergenic – made without any glass wool
- Sleek design, and tough material
How SonoTrap Works:
SonoTrap was designed for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry.
It is manufactured to conform to reach certification and, for this reason, it's made from extremely high quality materials.
There are three layers of ducting and each has been selected to help do two things: reduce noise and maximise airflow.
- The black foil outer layer is made from high-quality layered aluminium with a metal spiral that minimises kinks, preventing obstructions from limiting airflow.
- The white insulation was designed to allow air to travel through it without causing back pressure on the fan.
- The inter-woven material was, again, designed to insulate the sound without reducing air flow.
- The cross woven design dampens noise but does not increase pressure, unlike the cheap copies.
- The copies are made from a woollen-style material that causes a huge pressure restriction.
- This puts more PA on the fan reducing the air flow in the room, sometimes drastically.
- Lower airflow levels give you less control over the environment, causing issues with temperature and humidity, slowing down plant growth and increasing the chances of encountering powdery mildew...
- Buy the original and get the peace of mind instead.
How to Use SonoTrap:
SonoTrap acoustic ducting fits directly over the flange of any appropriately-sized extractor fan or filter, and an appropriately sized duct clip is usually used to hold it tightly in place.
The acoustic ducting can then be run to your air outlet/inlet.
Although SonoTrap acoustic ducting works fine when run loose, the noise coming out of the end of the ducting will be greatly reduced if it is stretched out as much as possible.
To reduce SonoTrap Acoustic Ducting down to the correct length, use a sharp pair of scissors to cut the aluminium and fibreglass and a pair of sharp wire cutters to snip the spiral wires in the appropriate place.